The absence of spring/summer weather in the past weeks must have had its effect on me. When I was in a shop for a few notions only, I came out with this fabric. Not my usual color scheme, not my usual print. I seldom use flower prints. And yet, it’s a very nice quality, thin cotton which was easy to sew and I made it up in only a few hours. Sometimes it’s nice to make something totally different.
Magazine picture and line drawing. The patterns is no. 114 from the April 2010 issue.
I omitted the pocket and back detail. Of course the picture isn’t showing all details clearly. When reading the instructions for the cuff width, I was surprised that they had a finished with of 8 cm. Too wide for what I wanted, so I made the cuff only 4 cm wide and lengthened the sleeve with 4 cm. On the top I used a size 40, tapering down to size 42 at bust level for the front only. No real fba, but worked like a charm. This pattern definitely is my new tnt for a basic blouse.
A few detail shots of collar and sleeve slit. I cut the collar in one piece, as described in this post.
The sleeve slit was made as described in this post.
The pattern has a double yoke, I didn’t follow Burda’s instructions how to construct this, a neat way to do this is described in this post by Summerset, and I used the instructions as found in the book Easy guide to sewing blouses by Conny Long.