After a weekend away there were a few things to catch up to, and then today I had a lovely “sewing” day. First I met Valerie for lunch, then I had a skype chat with Nancy K this evening. Of course we talk about other things too, but there is a lot of sewing talk also. Imagine that until I started blogging all those years back (more than 5 years I believe) I had no sewing friends (or friends who sew). Apart from meeting in real life, the internet sewing community still feels as a warm friendly community that I’m grateful for to be part of. It’s nice to be able to share sewing experiences with people who know what you’re talking about.
I didn’t sew for a couple of days, but just now I interfaced the hem of my jacket. It’s not the way it’s described in the book I mentioned earlier. I used a 5 cm wide strip of fusible interfacing and fused it on the hem line. After that I I turned up the hem and pinned. It still has to be sewn with catch stitches. I took a few photographs to see how it is fitting now. Mirror shots unfortunately, but you get the idea. The sleeves are sewn, next step is to sew those in. After that it’s “only” the lining.
You can see that I changed the zipper. It’s a sand color. Thanks for the opinions on this issue. I went for what felt best to me. The off-white one was just too prominent.
And Trena asked whether you could see the stitching on the under collar at the right side of the fabric. The answer is yes, the way I did it you will see it. But you won’t see the undercollar usually in this type of collar, and certainly hard to see in my fabric, so that’s not worrying me a bit.
Would like to have this jacket finished around the weekend. Better stop blogging and spending time on the internet and get that hem stitched…..