Friday, June 26, 2015

Back home

Apart from showing you two fabrics at the end, this is a non sewing post. My inner battery has reloaded, it’s been a lovely holiday, even if the weather wasn’t always cooperative. Also no inclination for blogging (apart from the one post in the first week), though I intended to, but normal life was far away, which is a good thing in my opinion.

We went to the south of France, due to family circumstances shorter than we planned. These pictures are from a walk we did there.

 DSC_0835 DSC_0810

  DSC_0815

On to Italy, where our children joined us for a couple of days. They were all about making non-standard photos. So here’s my family. Some of you might remember pictures of my daughter in a jacket I made for her when she was 14. She’s almost 22 now and nearly finished her studies. My son is 19 and doing a traineeship with a radio station for his studies. I’m quite proud of them.

 DSC_0941 DSC_0901

 DSC_1105

A picture of mr Sigrid too, and a proof of me wearing the dress I made ;).

 DSC_1178

 

The view from the Torre del Mangia in Siena (400 steps up).

 DSC_1048

 DSC_1040

 DSC_1000

On the way back we were in Germany and there is where I bought two remnant pieces of fabric. I’ve hardly been looking for fabrics as I’ve so much that still has to be sewn, but one can’t resist a good bargain, can you?

DSC_1240

DSC_1247\

Above a lycra which will be used in lingerie, below a cotton/silk blend (Vogue is printed on the side), just enough for a summer top. The fabric was very much “me”.

 DSC_1248

Till next time, with some proper sewing stories.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home and thanks for sharing your photos. Nice looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation! I like the unexpected poses, they are fun. Your family is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see the beautiful sights and your lovely family! It makes me look forward to our vacation in August. Those fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a relaxing and very nice vacation. Where in Germany did you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete