Monday, July 31, 2017

It’s not August yet…

and I finished my first dress from the August issue of Burda.

P7311602P7311596P7311594P7311604

I’m quite happy with how this dress fits and how it looks on me. The most visible change to the pattern is the neckline. The original neckline was very high and it felt like it was choking me. I didn’t want to disturb the pleat and widened it just a bit but went 4-5 cm down in center front.

I did a few pattern and construction alterations and will write a separate post on that later this week.

7 comments:

djaktief said...

It is really beautifull Sigrid!

Jen L said...

The dress is gorgeous! I always wonder how folding and pleating like this will turn out, and this looks really beautiful.

Faye Lewis said...

Your dress is gorgeous Sigrid!

Vicki said...

Lovely dress. I like how you adjusted the neck to fit just right.

Angela said...

This looks georgous! I just bought the August issue as I read your first post about this dress!

Nancy K said...

Of course I am interested in the construction and pattern details! That's one of the reason's I read your blog. You not only made the right decision to remove the extra pleat, but your fabric choice seems to be better than Burda's. I really have been puzzled lately about their fabric choices that really don't seem to work for some of the more complicated designs. Your dress doesn't exhibit the not particularly flattering wrinkles that the original has; it has better drape which to me is the proper choice for something like this.
Congratulations on fitting this complicated pattern so well. Brava!

AllisonC said...

Wow, I haven't even collected my August issue yet! Love this dress, definitely on my list!